This gorgeous and reversible, short handled bag was handmade from colorful Thai fabrics by Cambodian parents of former street children living in Sihanoukville, who want to provide for and protect their children. I discovered these beautiful bags while eating at a restaurant Sihanoukville, Cambodia that trains former street kids in the hospitality and restaurant business. An adjacent shop showcases the handicraft work created by their parents. The parents join a similar "home base production" program to learn the skills needed to make products and therefore have a reliable income which enables them to care for their family.
- Total bag height with handle - 23", Depth of bag is ~12" and width is 10"
- Patterned side has zip pocket, inside has an open pocket
- Made of 100% cotton - it is super soft!
- Hand wash in cold water
- Handmade in Sihanoukville, Cambodia
- Additional image shows scale of size
** The additional photos are of the students and their teacher at the Sandan restaurant in Sihanoukville, Cambodia. If you are ever there, you MUST go! Adorable and attentive staff (their teachers always a few feet away to advise and guide them) and some of the best food in Cambodia!