This exquisite jewelry travel case was designed by me, Jen, and was handmade with velvet and satin by two of the Syrian refugee moms in Turkey (the same ones that made the face masks in the shop), Serap and Zeynep.
The hand crocheted detail is called “igne oyasi" and is traditional to both Syria and Turkey. Women add this type of delicate crochet embellishment to their head scarves, towels and napkins.
My friend, Izabela, - who owns a social enterprise called Bebe Moss and employees Syrian refugee women working in Turkey to make children's toys - and I have been working on this project for months. And I am so happy to finally be able to present them to you.
I know we aren't traveling a lot right now, but even for those overnight trips or quick weekend trips to visit mom (like I do), these pretty jewelry travel cases will protect all your favorite jewels (use the elastic rings to string your necklaces so they don't get tangled).
I am also pleased that have another opportunity to support these women and their families.
About this Jewelry Case:
- 8.5" Wide x 16" Long
- Ivory Velvet on outside and soft ivory satin on inside to protect your jewels. Padding between the two layers has been added for further protection.
- Hand crocheted trim
- Trim and ties are made with cotton fabric.
- Jewelry case has 3 pockets - 1 inner zip pocket for larger, chunkier jewelry and 2 smaller inner slip pockets with snap closure
- Ring bar that unsnaps to place rings and/or hand necklaces, bracelets, etc.
- Earring trees to hand or post earrings.
- Tie Closure
- Handmade in Turkey
- Care Instructions: Handwash