Sterling Silver Filigree Flower Drop NecklaceDesigner: Mathew Borg
This sterling silver filigree necklace is a work of art and represent a Maltese tradition. The craft of making jewelry from silver threads, filigree, is distinct to the Mediterranean basin. Malta, because its geographical location and history, has a long tradition in this craft. Filigree making is passed from father to son for generations. And this spectacular piece was made by a third generation filigree silversmith, Mathew Borg, in the town of Valletta, Malta. Mathew is a true artist and does exceptional work using traditional Maltese techniques. You will always feel special wearing this one-of-a-kind necklace.
- 17" L with 2" of adjustable chain (check out the Maltese cross at the end of the chain!)
- 3" Flower and chain drop, Flower is 1.5" in Diameter
- .925 Sterling Sliver with Lobster Clasp
- Handcrafted in Valletta, Malta by Mathew Borg (Mathew talked me into this necklace...and it is stunning on)
- So shiny in person
- *NOTE* - Necklace presented on our model is not the exact necklace, it is there to represent its size and how it hands.
* The additional pics are of the gorgeous Port of Valleta in Malta and Mathew showing off his incredible talent (plus a pic of Mathew and me!). So much detail, precision, tradition and passion goes into each piece that Mathew makes.