The brilliant designers of this pearl necklace are a Chinese design duo, He Chuang and Dong Li, who live in Paris and graduated from one of its most prestigious haute couture designs schools. Their brand, MAODUN, which means "contradiction" in Chinese, combines tradition and avant-garde.
This heirloom quality pearl necklace weaves a splendid black and golden natural ribbon between a bed of pearls using a haute couture beading technique. The added surprise of the perfectly set white, clear and black beading detail makes this piece spellbinding. It is indeed superb and is a wearable work of art. Simply divine. We love even the extra detail of the pearls added to the end of each ribbon....because it is the little things that matter in life and great design.
- 15"L pearl design with 19"L ribbon on each side (53"L in total)
- Cultured Pearls, crystal beads, natural ribbon
- Tie Ribbon Closure
- Can be used as head band or hair piece as well
- Handmade in MAODUN's Parisian atelier
* The additional picture I took during my last visit to Paris.